BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Dear Sammi,

Today as you were sleeping and resting, I internally watched you. I understand you're not feeling well and that you've had a rough 2009 - particularly the last few weeks, but there are a few things I should remind you of:

First of all, the Lord loves you. You've never doubted that, but it's never a better time to remind you. Remember D&C 84:88.

Second, you have GOT to stop comparing yourself to others. More than likely somebody compares your life to their own. Besides, if we compared apples to apples, you'd probably get some terrible trials you wouldn't want. Leave it be.

Third, you're beautiful. Stop telling yourself otherwise. Yeah you're not who you were in high school, but really, who is? I personally think you've become more beautiful because you've learned so much that the only place to put everything you've learned is in your tummy, bum, face, etc. It's not worth what you've learned and become just to become something else physically.

Fourth, with that said, I'm not disregarding health. You can be healthy. You should try to be healthier - just a thought.

Fifth, remember your personal mottos: Live, Laugh, Love; Laugh Often; and "Life is to be Enjoyed - not endured." Right now, you're only enduring it. Gotta admit, Sam, through 2009's trials, you've had some awesome things happen and some interesting memories, right? Keep living your dreams. Just because you want some dreams now, doesn't mean they'll come now. Sometimes you have to have a different dream come true for the other dreams to follow.

Sixth, count your blessings. Over and over and over. I know you'll never forget what you saw and experienced in both China and Guatemala, so before you feel harsh about life, put your mind there for a minute. That'll humble you. You've got a great life, and you're taking it for granted.

And last but definitely not least, love yourself. For heaven's sake, it shouldn't be too hard. I love you. The Lord loves you. Your family and friends love you. Continue serving, loving others, setting and accomplishing goals and dreams. Make every day, week, month and year count so when you reflect back, you can say, "Dang that was fun." Once you get there, then the rest will come. You know the only way to experience joy is to experience hardship. Put it this way, with the things of 2009, you've got some joy coming!

Remember who you are..

Love,

ME

4 comments:

Kim & Dave said...

Hey Sammie, I understand how you feel about it being a tough year; however, I want you to know how much I enjoy working with you. You are truely an amazing PAR, one of the best and a great friend. You keep me somewhat sane at work. I know that you will succeed at what ever you want to do. Hang in there and reach for the stars.

~ Dave

Anonymous said...

Well Sammi! I think you are awesome! And while I haven't seen you for three years (how does that happen). I'm sure you are still the same Sammi I remember but probably better, because you've aged (you're like wine, though I don't drink wine so I don't really know if aged wine is better, put for this purpose it does). I'm a little jealous of you having gone to China and Guatemala. It's always true that you think someone else life is better but their trials might be harder than what you are dealing with. We've had a hard 2009 (minus Bryson being born) too so I feel your pain . I love you!

LisaL said...

I love you Sammi, I think you are the best! I look to you as beautiful, strong, valiant and inspiring. I wish I could be around you more often!

Carl said...

Hey! Who loves ya?! I should have written that letter to you.