BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, September 5, 2009

"Today's test is tomorrow's testimony"

Today as I sit at work and ponder upon the last few days' events, I can't help but post this post. This past Tuesday (September 2, 2009) brought a day of emotions and fear to me due to a terrifying experience I cannot or willnot openly discuss (you can read it on http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=7780567), however in times like this, many blessings come to pass and I have so much gratitude I need to express:


  • I can't imagine experiencing what I did with anybody else but my terrific friends and co-workers.

  • I'm glad the entire security video is not posted for the public

  • I'm so grateful I work for the institution that I do where we share religious beliefs

  • I'm grateful each one of us were in the right places at the right time

  • I'm grateful for our safety

  • I'm grateful it wasn't worse

  • Most of all I'm grateful and humbled at the members we have.

I wonder about the people who wake up in the morning and think to themselves, "Wow, my credit union was robbed yesterday. I should take them a treat." or "I know my teller loves Diet Coke, so I'll bring her one and a fresh lime because she sure needs one." or "It's three days since the robbery, but these two tellers are working so I'll swing back around and give them Sausage McMuffins for breakfast through the drive-through." It just amazes me that they take the time out of their hectic schedules and care for people they hardly know when their own families may be going through more than their tellers are. The robbery opened my eyes to the love of God and the wonderful people who have the desire, not just need, but desire to help others. I will strive to be more like them in every way, and I thank my Heavenly Father to be blessed and influenced by such wonderful people.

2 comments:

KayCee Burnside said...

I'm grateful it wasn't worse then it was either. I think there was some hidden blessings in it all, even though it was still an awful experience. I'm glad you all were ok I don't know what I would have done if anything happened to any person there that day. And the members really are sweet to do that.

Me said...

I still can't believe your credit union was robbed, what a terrifying thing for you to see and be a part of!!! I'm so glad it wasn't worse than it was. That's just so crazy. That is really neat the people have been so thoughtful, too. Glad everyone is okay!