BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, November 24, 2008

Heartache

I hope she'll forgive me for this, but I figured because I treat this blog like a journal, this is something I would normally do in a regular journal entry.

Yesterday I got news from a family in my ward concerning a really close friend of mine I grew up with, Abby. She and I have drifted apart the last few years due to lives changing since high school. We've kept in contact and I found out she was pregnant and so excited for her baby girl to arrive! I knew she was due any day and I've been waiting for her to message me about it. Well her family called to tell me she did have her baby, but it died during labor. Of course, she is heartbroken, but she has kept up good faith in this difficult trial. I hope that despite what she's gone through (not even with this pregnancy) that she decides to draw close to the Lord and the Gospel of Jesus Christ. If she does and makes right choices, she will be able to raise this beautiful baby girl Olivia. Please, especially if you know her, keep her and her family in your prayers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sammi, I'm glad you posted this. I will definitely be praying for her and her family.

Anonymous said...

That is so sad. I had no idea.

KayCee Burnside said...

Sammi, thank you for posting this. Even though I have no idea who this girl is, it touched my heart. I couldn't imagine going through that. It made me think of how insignificant my "frustrations" post of today really is in the big picture of life.