BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, December 12, 2008

Count your many blessings name them one by one..

I had a really bad day today, so I've always been told to count your blessings in those times when you feel it's not enough. Besides, what a great season to list your thankfuls:

* My family of course. I have been so blessed with the best family. Not much more I can say about them as a whole other than they are wonderful.
* My mom. Yeah this can technically count as 'family' but she's my hero and definitely knows me inside out and is a HUGE support.
* My Dad. He's my number one man and one of my number one fans. He is always thinking I can conquer the world and views me as someon special. I've been really lucky to have a father with such a humble nature.
* My friends. What in the world would I do with out you? Whether I see you everyday or those I went to high school with. You'll never know your impact on me.
* Maren Halverson. What an influence she has been on me growing up. Her testimony was beyond profound and I always felt I could sense exhaltaion with her around. She certainly blessed so many lives. Click HERE to read about Maren.
* Food. 'Nough said.
* Living where I am, who I am. I heard a lesson in RS once about the chances of someone being born a female, in the United States, in Utah, to parents still together, and in the covenant. Very slim is all I can remember. Dang I'm lucky.
* My job. I've been really lucky despite missing out on furthering a degree that I've really progressed in my job. I've come to really love it and it's opened many opportunities and learning experiences for me.
* My calling. It is so intense but has taught me to be more responsible and that procrastination doesn't work well in the Church!
* Alma 26. My favorite chapter in the Book of Mormon. Having been someone who has fought depression, this has been a sacred and hopefelt chapter for me to refer to.
*Speaking of Relief Society, I have the BEST Relief Society! It's my home ward and I will never part from it! These ladies are the ladies I look up to most!
* Financially independent. Sorta. Yeah so I live in my parents' basement apartment, but I can afford my own clothes, car, bills, etc. My parents taught me at a young age at the importance of financial obligations!
* Having a car. Living in China, I've learned this is a luxury.
* Music. Ah, music. Nothing makes me feel the spirit stronger than Church music, and they types of songs I listen to can express my mood.
* Laughter. I love to laugh. I love to make people laugh. I love to laugh at myself.

Last but not least

* JOY. Jesus Others and You. I learned once that the difference between happiness and joy is one is temporarily euphoric and rather worldly while the other is everything good AND happy all together; love, hope, Christ, family, friends, knowing who you are.

0 comments: