BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, July 6, 2009

Stuck

I am in dire need of change. Seriously. My life is so monotonous lately I am dying of boredom inside. I've gotten to the point that I'm stuck in a rut. I thought I've been in a rut for years, but not this bad. I'm right there at that age, where the majority of my friends are married with a child and I obviously don't fit in there and the other friends I have that aren't married are fulfilling lives. I guess it's partly my fault for not getting completely involved in school or student wards earlier, but hey, can't go back right? Don't get me wrong, I've had some awesome experiences in my life. I've done some things, and gone through some things my friends never have, but it's not where I saw myself being at this age I'm at.

I had hoped that by now I'd had accomplished many things, but the last four years... I've only worked and traveled a little. Most people in my stage of life have graduated college and started their careers. Or they're married. Or even have two kids. I'm no where near that! The other option I get hounded on a LOT is a mission. Believe me, a mission has crossed my mind multiple times the last few years, and I wish so bad I could say it's the right thing for me to do, because then something would be coming of my life other than just working.

I was so ecstatic the beginning of this year to shake things up, but none of my dreams/ambitions have come yet. I've been wanting to buy a house this year and the 'right one' hasn't come along, or things have fallen through. I'm completely ready to start a new ward, but I want to wait until I find a house/condo or even apartment before I make the change. I'm still in the home ward - which isn't bad - but I don't belong there at my age and stage of life. School is still on a high priority, but with me needing to work full-time, it makes going to school really difficult. I've found a great option for school, but I won't have the 'social experience' which I looked forward to. I'm ready for a change and don't know how to begin! I'm open to suggestions, prayers or even a few lucky pennies to shake me out of my rut!

3 comments:

KayCee Burnside said...

How about a spontaneous Vegas trip this weekend???

Kim & Dave said...

Hang in there Sam. You're such a cute girl! Dave said you were maybe looking into Western Governor's. Keep me up w/ what you decide to do w/ school and hopefully you'll be able to find a house, condo, something. Good luck!

Kendra said...

It's going to be ok, Sammi! I am married with 2 kids and I still feel stuck. You are an awesome girl and great things are bound to come your way. Love you!