BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Dear 2009...

I just thought you should know, I am TOTALLY ready for you to be gone. I guess I could end at that, but no, no, I will explain why I am ready for you to disappear:

  • Breakups - Yeah it was due to come, but WHY did it have to hurt so so bad? And WHY did it have to linger for months? Plus it was a FANTASTIC way to start out 2009. Just sayin..

  • Parasites, Travelers Diarrhea, whatever you wanna call it. I will not go into detail about that one!

  • "Satan" broke down. (aka my car)

  • Taxes. This year my electronic filing didn't go through, so I had to pay a penalty (Ok, not your fault, but why in this year?)

  • IRS Tax Audit - I am young! Why so early?! And why did I have to pay for that???

  • "Satan" broke down. AGAIN.

  • Swine Flu. Whether I've had it or not it still sucks.

  • Robbed at gun point. Not just me, but my entire branch had their lives threatened!

  • Passing kidney stones. Worst. Pain. In. My. Life.

  • The passing of Grandma (blessing in disguise, but still hurts)

  • "Satan" breaking down for the third time now costing over $2K to fix.

  • Siblings in trials.


Now, 2009, you have brought some great things this year and I'd be too negative and completely ungrateful if I didn't recognize them:

  • A beautiful niece born earlier this year who just lights up everyone.

  • A handsome nephew who couldn't have been born at a more perfect time. What a beautiful way to end a horrible day (the day of the robbery..) and he just completes my sister's little family.

  • My wonderful brother faithfully serving the Lord continually and loving every moment of it.

  • A trip of a lifetime to Guatemala. Granted, this resulted in illnesses, earthquakes, slight fears; however, it brought serenity, peace, love, strength, friendship, fireflies, flowers, adventure, laughter and fun to this year. I reflect on a particular moment there every day.

  • My family. I am SO BLESSED to have them every year and to be sealed for eternity, but this year, in it's trials, have brought me SO close to them. My mother is my best friend. She makes me laugh and I trust her with all my heart. My father is my biggest fan and greatest supporter. My siblings. I have so much fun with them. They are my favorite people to hang out with and I'm excited for Casey to return to the fun next year!

  • Finding out another beautiful baby will be coming to our big family!!!!

  • My job. Despite this economy, I have been very fortunate to work where I do and still have a job.

  • The gospel. I haven't been the best at prayer or scripture study or even my callings, but how I love the Lord and this gospel. It has been such a strength.


And now, 2009, I hope to "book-end" this year with a great bang...... Please let it be fantastic!!.....



CANCUN ~ Coming December 6....

(Picture Courtesy of Google)

5 comments:

Kim & Dave said...

Only 2 more months to go Sam. At least you get to go on vacation soon and that should be a definite positive! We love you too and are so grateful for your friendship.

Le Fabuleux destin d'Alex said...

Oh Amiga!!! I Love you! So much, DEF change 'SATAN' for a brand ne Vehicle, you know the one who carries dead bodies!!! LOL I am so sad no to go to Cancun with Cha guys! but Ill be there in Spirit ans Soul!

KayCee Burnside said...

I'm soo sorry about your car, you just don't have luck with that stupid thing. Seriously, I have a countdown going for Cancun---30 days! It's like the only thing keeping me going!

LisaL said...

Excuse me Sammi, but I don't recall you inviting me to go to Cancun with you! JK. What a blast you will have. If you get the chance make the jaunt to Tullum and see the ruins. It is AWESOME!

Kendra said...

Woohoo Cancun!