BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, June 12, 2009

Update!

I have been meaning to post for so long now but I never get around to doing it! Life is insane, especially the last month, but good! I've enjoyed taking advantage of summer coming now and I've already been four-wheeling, traveling, sun-bathing, etc!

May was my big month I'd been waiting for. The time finally arrived for my Guatemala trip I'd been long waiting for! I am putting together a scrapbook for more details and pictures, but here's a rundown of the week long trip in a nutshell:

  • Survived the most dizzy-ing, sickening and frightening flight and landing in my life, due to Guatemala's mountains and cliffs at the end of the runway..
  • Experienced my first earthquake
  • Killed the biggest spider I've seen in my life - all for a free diet coke :)
  • Zip-lined on the most exhilarating and scary 8 lines over the jungles and volcanoes of Guatemala.
  • Hiked my way around Solola's beautiful volcanoes, jungles and wild-life.
  • Survived my first parasite
  • Survived Guatemala's biggest political quarrel and murder conflict in a while
  • Saw my first firefly
  • Ate some of the freshest, yummiest foods
  • Enjoyed scenic boat rides along the Waters of Mormon (Lake Atitlan)
  • Bought two original, exquisite paintings
  • Listened to a full story in Spanish from a parrott
  • Had the best churro
  • Saw the prettiest places on earth (even over any places in China or Hawaii I've seen)
  • Met and loved a new grandfather figure
  • Made friends
  • Met a celebrity drummer (oh yeah Lidia!)
  • Was able to hang out with Lidia again!
  • Watched KayCee survive a third world country - and without real diet coke

Anyways, there were tons of memories and laughs and definitely an adventure. I came back to hussle and bustle of life and work and illnesses. We've had quite the illnesses spreading around the branch and required quite a bit of extra work and effort. I'm still in the market for my home and my realtor is fantastic at finding me some good places to consider - I'll keep you posted on if anything comes up. I'm still planning on school and I'm really excited to FINALLY getting started! Life is good, life is hectic, life is ready for adventure! Until next time, with a more detailed blog..

5 comments:

KayCee Burnside said...

Hey I was just working on my Guatemala post too! I'm excited to see your scrapbook when it's done.

The Lindsay's said...

Hey, I'm glad you survived your trip. I'm glad it was fun. I wanna see pictures! Craig survived his mission there you know.

The Lindsay's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Lindsay's said...

I meant served but he did survive....obviously.

LisaL said...

Sammi,
I want to see pictures too. I bet it was just beautiful there! I am glad you were able to have that adventure!