BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A Tribute to Lidia

One of the greatest girls known to me and on earth moved here to Utah last year and I was privileged to work with her for a year. During that year we became (I would consider) great friends. We worked close together and developed a great friendship. Last week, after a lot of consideration and prayerful decisions, she broke the news that she is moving back to Texas to be with her family. I will REALLY miss her as she has been a HUGE strength to me that only she can understand. I am forever grateful for her influence in my life and her outstanding friendship. As a tribute to you, Mango, I want to list my favorite memories I've had with you!!

1. Remember that night in Tooele out by Jason's in the summer? Oh yeah! Only you would join with me in such an adventure!!
2. Our nightly walks to improve our health that only lasted a month. I loved that we'd walk the track behind my house for three miles every night while listening to our Ipods and singing. Me my Kosy songs, and you, your Latino specialties!
3. Watching Will and Grace together!
4. Our FUN trip to St George and Vegas with Shelley and Summer and we were both so fascinated by the fancy toilets we took our pictures on them!
5. Going to the aquarium for your birthday only to try and convince KayCee to pet the sting rays!
6. Me falling down the stairs and you laughing for hours while I was attempting my Spanish.
7. Watching you try to stomach Hunan!
8. Being the first person, with Shelley, to witness your reaction of your first time seeing snow!
9. The day you told us the story about the accident you passed. You know, the "behicle that carries dead bodies?" and the flowers were strewn all over the freeway! LOL!
10. Our three movies in one night...same theater!
11. Us shopping at the Asian market!! Haha! And those nasty fluffy frozen things.
12. You stealing my Spencer away from me! Although, dang we both love that little guy!
13. You and me entertaining ourselves all night in the emergency room with Shelley. We played with the gloves, the bed, the chair and even the hospital gowns...
14. Making my grandma pee her diaper with your stories about you and your grandma. Haha!

Amiga, never a dull moment when you're around! Although I'm totally bummed you bailed as my roommate, and our Guatemala trip, I'm SO THANKFUL you were my friend! And that we'll be friends forever! I'm excited to visit you in Texas then catch the plane over to Guatemala! Remember amiga.... Alotra latho de rio aveo una garca greefa con sinco Home Depot. Saluthe. Diamo. Amor! Ciao!

2 comments:

Le Fabuleux destin d'Alex said...

Oh amiga! I am going to wet myself! for Crying like a new born child! :( Amiga I love you and I am also grateful to have had you in my life, I could not ask for more to have had in Utah, you complete me! :) Now that I say that, remember the song from Jerry Mcguire that we sang over and over and over and over again; also trying to learn other languages while we spoke a few others? :( but yea, I do remember everything! and you better come! and you know I am talking about!

KayCee Burnside said...

Hahahaha I'm still laughing at some of those. Even ones I wasn't there for but heard about a million times haha. I"m going to miss you too and now I want a Tribute to Lidia on my blog!